Friday, February 1, 2019

The Mighty

I wrote a while back a post called "Schizophrenia and Demons"or something like that. Basically, I left a church and broke up with a friend because they said that I am schizophrenic because I am possessed. I was so upset by the things that happened that I wrote about it to The Mighty. Today, I received an email saying that they are gonna feature the story!
That is huge to me for a few reasons. I know of several Christians who have been belittled by the church because they have a mental disorder or take anti-psychs. Maybe this story will help them see that they are not alone. Many pastors speak about the "spirit of depression" and that kinda makes people not listen to you. I do not think that pastors should only say things to make people feel good. People should feel convicted when in church, that's a good thing. You shouldn't make people feel bad because they have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Preach what is biblical. Also, maybe it will catch one of those types of people's attention. Maybe they'll be educated. Maybe they'll realize how people are being scared away from churches or are keeping up a protective wall that is keeping them from being as much a part of the body as they'd like to be. Maybe it will normalize talking about these things.
I got super excited when I got the email. I will post more about it when I hear more news. I also have to say that I am kinda proud of myself. I've even stayed strong enough not to contact that person or church that did that to me. I ended the friendship. It was negative and she just went too far on too many occasions with no regret. Of course she tried denying everything when I confronted her of the issue. She went as far to say that "the lies you are believing are from the devil." I called her out. I told her that no they aren't. I asked the pastor does she believe I am possessed and she said yes. I ask my friend if she thought the same. She said no, but then tried to explain that mental disorders aren't real and that they're from the devil. Then she went into saying that I am either possessed or oppressed. She wouldn't make up her mind. She tried to play the poor me card when I confronted her. She was really upset when I told her I will not be at her wedding. THEN her fiance called a friend of mine and tried to make me look like the bad guy. My friend ended up shutting him down and shaming him. The whole thing turned into a big mess.
I am glad something is begin said. I know I am not the only one to have faced situations like these.
Stick up for yourselves and your friends.
Love, A Schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment