Wednesday, February 20, 2019

postponed, published, and pissed

I got some good news yesterday. Another one of my stories will be published by The Mighty soon. The 1st one isn't out yet, but is on its way. I'm low key excited. It was good news to hear because yesterday I ended up working a 12 hour shift at the ole baco tell with a new employee who I don't really like working with. As a person, they seemed cool. As an employee they were frustrating and kinda douchey. They also ended up running our drive through time up. I get that they haven't worked at a taco bell in a while, but they were taking forever just to ring up 1 order. I know Ima dread the nights when I have to work with them again.
I've been frustrated with VIPKID lately. Some mentors say somethings are good, but others will say those same things aren't so good. Then there is the whole teach an entire lesson in 10 minutes thing that is kinda frustrating. You're supposed to greet and meet the student and build repore with them. Then introduce the lesson and teach it within the next few minutes. You spend more time talking to a mentor than you do actually teaching. Its kinda frustrating and I didn't feel like dealing with that tonight so I just postponed it until Sunday morning when I am off work. I may give up soon. A friend of mine recommended that I try and teach a lower level so I may give that a go if my next mock class doesn't go well.
I bought an ecospin recently because I dont have a washer or dryer. I used it once today and I'm pretty sure it has already broke. I did what the instructions said and the screws started falling out and bending too. I guess it wasn't meant to handle fat people clothes.......2 socks and 2 pairs of panties...........no way on God's green earth does that exceed the weight limit. I'll see if I can fix it, but Idk. I just want clean clothes. Why is that so hard to ask for????
Bonus paragraph about my fabulous self. I'm still looking for a car. This isn't much of a paragraph. I just wanted to state that.
Life is full of ups and downs, disappointments and happy times, frustrations, and other lifey things.
Take care of yourselves.
Love, A Schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment