Friday, February 8, 2019

broken hearts

I over heard some friends talking this evening. 1 is not Christian, but said he grew up southern baptist. Another grew up Church of God. They were briefly discussing the different Pentecostal churches/denominations when the non christian friend began saying how Christianity just doesn't make sense. He said that the old testament isn't historically accurate and then asked a question that my other friend didn't seem to have an answer to. That's when I joined the conversation. I don't even remember what the question was. My other friend then spoke up and said something like "Yeah, I've kinda left the whole Jesus thing recently." This bothered me. I care about my friends spiritually as well as physically.
I've been praying for this friend and her husband for a while now. They both have had things kinda rough the past several years and are doing everything they can to keep their head's above water. They both are like the hardest working people  have ever met, but it seems like there is always something that tries to knock them down just as they get their footing. I wondered if the trials they're facing are starting to wear away at them. I wondered if they maybe blame God for not fixing things or lightening the load. I've done those things several times in my life, but each time God fixes it. Maybe they are wondering why he didn't fix things for them. I just worry for them. I also pray for them. I pray for their safety too. They give me rides to and from work on most days because I do not have a car and they never ask for gas money. When I step out of their car, I always try to quickly draw a small cross on the door as I shut it. I really want to see God move in my friend's lives and I pray that they will go back to him.
At first I was almost angry with my other friend for saying some things about God and Christianity. Then, I realized how dumb of me that was.Why would the health of 1 friend's soul trouble me more than the other? Are they both not equal in the eyes of God? When I realized that I was ashamed of myself and began to pray for the other friend as well.
I don't type all of this to brag on myself. I made the mistake of boasting about my blessings earlier as if I were the 1 to make it happen. That is not my intentions now. My intentions now are a couple things. 1, explain to people that we need to pray for our friends even if they are not believers. God loves the unbeliever as much as he loves the believer. The believer was once the unbeliever.  The other intention is to maybe begin a prayer log type thing. I want to do so in order to give praise reports. Maybe God will move my friends' situations.
Stay strong in the faith and pray for one another.
Take care of yourselves and others. You may be their answer to prayers.
Love, A Schizophrenic.     

No comments:

Post a Comment