Tuesday, January 29, 2019

the day to day

The past week or so at work has just been odd. I have learned quite a bit about my coworkers which is kinda cool. The person I thought was a douche is actually an intelligent and polite person. The coworker who was made out to be a rude person is really just someone with a strong personality who doesn't take crap from people. I got to speak to a new hire who doesn't speak much english and is sweet and hard working.
I also found out how interesting some of these people are. Some are into open relationships and things like that. It is interesting to hear how they work those things out. To me, it still just seems like justifying adultery, but to each their own I suppose. I work with someone who is trans.They laugh about how it trips people up when they order when the appearance doesn't match the voice. That is something we have a fun time doing. We all sometimes will make a voice that is weird, but just normal enough and mess with customers. It is fun sometimes.
Frustration is a great word to describe how today went though. I covered for someone last week and the agreement was that they'd cover the last portion of my shift today and I would clock out at 3. Well, they never showed up and didn't answer when the managers tried reaching them. So now, one of the most underpaid shift leads is working on their day off which is sad.
I did accomplish a few adulty things when I got home though. I let lenders know my address has changed and I scheduled my mock class for VIPKID. Hopefully it goes well. I could really use the extra $$$. I do have a story to tell that happened the other day, but that'll be in my next post.
Stay on the bright side and learn about others.
Take care of yourselves and each other.
Love, A Schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment