Sunday, June 25, 2017

Project antique

Last Christmas I visited my family in North Carolina. I was talking with my aunt and asking her about when she was younger. I like hearing stories about how things used to be. She told me all about my mom and grandma and how they could all go out to eat for less that a dollar together. She told me about how fearless my mom seemed and how my mom wouldn't allow anyone to pick on her. She told me about my grandmaw and her crafts. She gave me a angel of beads that Grandmaw made. Then she gave me Grandmaw's old jewelery box from when she was a child.
This summer, I decided to restore it. My 1st step was research. I learned that the box is from the 1930s. It was made by a company that sold cigars in fancy looking boxes during the great depression. That way, the men folk could have their cigars and the ladies got a jewellery box. I haven't got any work done on it yet, but here is a picture of it now. I'll post more as I go along.
Never be afraid to have projects. Small or large. Mistakes may happen, but it helps the learning process.
Love, A Schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment