Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Zero

I'm not always sure when my hallucinations first appear to me. I don't always know if they are real or not. Sometimes I can't tell that the frog people are fake and other times I can. Sometimes my memories f them fade or mix with others because there are so many.
Zero is a little girl that I used to see often. She was around 8 when I first saw her. She was always angry and I could never figure out why. She was full of hatred and evil intent. One specific time I remember seeing her is one I will never forget. It was night time and I was out for a walk on campus. We have a fountain here with a flame in the middle called the Eternal flame. I smelled something strange as I approached the fountain. As I turned the corner, I saw her standing there gazing into the flame reaching her hand towards it. She saw me. I walked up and sat at the edge of the fountain just looking. I was trying to ignore the basketballs bouncing on the outdoor court and the screaming coming from the sand volleyball area, but everything just kept echoing as I starred. She smiled. Something was different this time. Something bad. Blood began to pour from her mouth as shouts of joy escaped her throat. She thrusted her whole arm into the flame and began to laugh louder. I jumped up and made my way quickly to my room. There, I saw Mr. Blue. He asked me how I was doing. He has a way of knowing my thoughts and the answers I am going to say before I say them. I guess that would make sense since he is a hallucination. "I know you saw her because I saw her and you see everything I see." I said to him. "Don't let her worry you. She is still confused." He said as he sat in my chair. "That wasn't confusion! That was self harm!" I caught myself shouting. "Why do you care?" Was his response, "She is just a hallucination." I cared because she somehow is apart of me. I don't always believe that hallucinations are meaningful, but with Zero I do. "Go take a shower and calm down." He said to me.
I went into the bathroom and there stood Mr. Red. "Do you mind?" I asked as I stepped into the stall. "Not at all if you don't." He smiled. I got into the shower. I was talking to him about it while he was on the other side of the room. All of the sudden I felt something grabbing my foot. I looked down to see Zero climbing her way out of the drain. She looked fine. No burn marks or anything were on her. "You are starting to turn into Used To Be. She always sneaks up and grabs me." I said to her as I washed my face. "I just wanted to mess with you." She smiled as she stood in the corner of the very small shower. "Is that why you did that at the flame?" I asked angrily. She smiled, "I'm like you." She pointed at my arm. It was covered in blisters and began to burn. All I knew to do was to turn on the cold water and let it run over my entire arm. "Why? What? I don't understand." I cried as I felt myself slide on the wall to the floor of the shower. Why do these hallucinations plague me? Maybe my step mom was right? Maybe I am at least demon oppressed. But what about the bunnies? Even satan can appear as an angle of light. Confusion and racing thoughts stormed my mind as I cried in the shower floor. Zero just watched smiling. My arm had quit burning sometime while I sat there. I got up and got out of the shower. Why she did those things to me I'll never know. That is one of the most vivid memories of her and 1 that I catch myself thinking about often. If I ever have a conclusion to these thoughts, I'll be sure to let you know.
                                                               Love, a schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment