Thursday, July 16, 2015

Why "natural" things don't always work for schizophrenia

"Insanity, then, is inordinate or irregular, or impaired action of the mind, of the instincts, sentiments, intellectual, or perceptive powers depending upon and produced by an organic change in the brain."
           http://www.schizophrenia.com/disease.htm 
"Many studies of people with schizophrenia have found abnormalities in brain structure. In some small but potentially important ways, the brains of people with schizophrenia look different than those of healthy people. For example, fluid-filled cavities at the center of the brain, called ventricles, are larger in some people with schizophrenia. The brains of people with the illness also tend to have less gray matter, and some areas of the brain may have less or more activity."http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-causes-schizophrenia/                
Schizophrenia is a genetic thing that is going to happen to people no matter what. I've been told so many times that I should quit medication and take more vitamins and drink more tea. NOTHING I DRINK OR EAT IS GOING TO FIX PHYSICAL ABNORMALITIES IN MY BRAIN. The people telling me these things aren't doctors. If that "natural" crap were the solution to all my genetic issues, scientist probably would have figured it out a looooooong time ago. 

That is all I really want to say. I don't know how else to put it. If you are interested, both of the sites I quoted and cited are very informative. I would recommend them. If you wish to find other sites, google schizophrenia or feel free to ask me in the comments. Thanks

                                                     Love, a schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment