Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween

  A friend of mine asked me earlier today if Halloween bothers me. She asked if the costumes and decorations could be triggers for me.
  No. Nothing like that is a trigger for me. I love the decorations and the costumes. I love the creepy music and I especially love the candy. I did remind me of a funny thing that happened to me one Halloween though. I must have been 20ish years old. My roommate and I had been putting black yarn in my dreads for decoration. I usually change the yarn every couple months or so. We were trying to hurry because there was a block party we had planned on going to that evening. So later, as we were walking through a block party together with some friends the dread I put the yarn in kept falling down out of my ponytail. My friend had an extra bobby pen she let me borrow to put it up. We noticed t was getting kinda dark out and I had already been hallucinating that day.  I kept seeing this long, black, creepy creature crawling off to the side everywhere we went. I still see it at times. I especially see it when there are mirrors near by because it is almost as if it crawls from mirror to mirror. Anyway, my roomie knew that I had been Hallucinating more than normal for the past few weeks. She also knew that sometimes it gets worse in the dark so she suggested that we go on home and start our movies that we had planned out to watch. We turn and begin walking down the street. We passed some older houses on the way back to campus. They are very nice homes with wrap around verandas and swings. A few even have the Victorian style tower going on. As we are walking, something black rushes by me in a blur. I screamed and jumped away. My roomie looked at me like "what?" I told her I thought I saw the crawling creature again. I looked around and nothing was there. She tried to comfort me and calm me down as we kept walking towards home. A few minutes later the same thing happened. This time my room mate was like "Girl...I think it is your hair." "What?" I was just really confused and partially terrified. She started laughing and said, "I think your pin fell out of your hair so your dread keeps flying by your face." We stood and laughed for like 8 minutes.
That is really the scariest Halloween gets for me. Happy Halloween.
                                                                        Love, a schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment