Monday, October 12, 2015

Aren't you feeling better yet?

It seems like every time I ask someone to help me or pray for me, they wait a few days and ask "aren't you feeling better yet?" 
Ladies and gents, I hate to break it to you, but uh...schizophrenia doesn't go away like a cold. I may be experiencing symptoms for months or years without them going away. It is a chronic disorder. It doesn't leave because I want it to or because I load up on antibiotics and vitamin c. It is a malfunction in the brain pathways due to chemical imbalances and disruption causing chemical imbalances in the synapses in the brain. It is gray matter being eaten away in my brain continuously without my permission. It is a disturbance in the force that no jedi can fix. So next time you call someone a faker because they've hallucinated for days or have been depressed for weeks, stop and think about the science. Imagine what the difference between your brain and their's. If you can't do that...google it. Learn the science. LEARN what is actually taking place  or not taking place in the brain to cause their much unwanted (by them and you) symptoms. Trust me, they are probs waaay more annoyed than you are. Ya asshole.
                                                                      Love, a schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment