Sunday, October 11, 2015

Watching through a window

I often feel like I'm watching things through a window. I feel no connection to anything or anyone what so ever. My head feels like my brain is a few seconds behind and everything gets really loud and my vision blurs. I tried explaining this to my Dr as best I could. He knows how detached I feel at times. He called this certain case sensory overload. 
Sensory overload isn't one of the 1st things people would associate with schizophrenia, but those of us with schizophrenia are far too familiar with it. It is exactly how it sounds. The brain gets overwhelmed by all the information it is having to interpret. In schizophrenic brains the pathways are already kinda messed up causing the brain to fill in the information the best it can if it can. So when this happens to someone with something like schizophrenia, it really can be too overwhelming. The best I know to do is to just try and sleep it off. Ima go do that.
                                                                Love, a schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment