Saturday, March 19, 2016

Just pray it all away

The other night I was having an extremely rough time. I wanted to talk to my friends and just explain to them somethings that I was going through. I just wanted to someone to listen to what was going on in my head. If I could tell them things that the voices were saying, then somehow it would make me feel better. All my friend did was preach at me.
What I am about to say doesn't mean that I don't believe in the power of prayer. It doesn't mean that I don't believe God heals. I know that he does and I know that prayer works. However, when a person is struggling with mental illness, the last thing they want to hear is "have you prayed about it?" or "I'm praying for you. Just try to ignore it." We don't tell those things to cancer patients or people with heart disease. We don't tell diabetics to not take there medication because they should be okay if they just pray. If your anxiety and depression is situational and not chemical, then maybe prayer will work for you. It is probably your best bet. God has given us the intelligence to make medication for these things. Why not use it? I'm not saying that God won't heal you, but I'm also not saying that he will...at least here on Earth. If that were the case then my mom wouldn't have died from Lupus and my grandfather wouldn't have been eaten away by Cancer. So next time, try being a human being. Help that person. I simply needed a distraction not a preacher.
                                                                           Love, a Schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment