Saturday, November 28, 2015

I take people for granted

I remember being a kid and riding up to see my aunt and cousins. Other family members would fly in from all over to be with us for thanksgiving. It seemed perfect. We would all sit and eat, buy most of the time was spent laughing. We laughed, told stories, and played games for hours. It seemed like everyone was so happy and everything was so perfect. Evem after my mom died we all still met. It wasn't the same without her but it was still good.
After my dad remarried I didnt get to see my family as much. I only ever get to see my step moms family now. That is mainly why I don't go home anymore. I can't handle the drama and all that comes with her family. I'm not related to those people. If I cared maybe it wouldn't ve so bad, but they aren't my family. If it were my family I would be alright. They aren't though and we don't get along so I usually go to my bestfriend's for Thanksgiving.
It seems like I met all of her family in the past 3 days. I tried to stay out of the way because I feel uncomfortable around too many new people. I also didn't want to be in the way. They are her family and I didn't want to interrupt anything. It made me missy family though. I wish I could go back home to my family but because of my step mom they don't invite us anymore. I'd rather it not be that way, but for the sake of politeness I suppose I have no option. Long story short, don't take your family for granted because you never know when someone will try to take them away.
         Love, a schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment