Saturday, August 15, 2015

What is schizophrenia again?

It is like I can't scream loud enough. People still won't hear and they will never understand! This isn't just a game and it isn't something I can just ignore. I can't make it go away because I want to go somewhere. Do you know I had to cancel going on a missions trip this summer because I wasn't well enough to go? People ask me every day "How, are you feeling?" The same damn way I felt yesterday. It does not go away over night. It isn't like the flu or a cold that will get better quickly. No! This is fucking schizophrenia! It stays. It never leaves. It.is.always.ALWAYS.there. No matter what. There is no beating it. There is no cure. There is no get well soon. There is, "I hope you don't off yourself too soon." There is "I hope you aren't one of those statistics." There is no promise of a future for me. People say that I am too young. People are diagnosed younger than me. I was diagnosed at 17 and am now 22. I've come to face it. Why can't you? There is nothing except a mind lost and wondering within itself never to return to the light of day again. That is schizophrenia.
                                                                   Love, a schizophrenic

No comments:

Post a Comment